I finally scanned the latest painting I did. It’s watercolor spread around acetate.
It’s kind of a controlled accident, where the accident controls me. It’s also affected by how the scanner chooses to scan things in. The individual paintings are just a part of the whole that the scanner decided it wanted to scan in individually.
I would make a lot less art if I was a competent human being.
I’ve rotated it a full 360 degrees because it looks completely different as you turn it.
This one looks kind of sinister.
I’ve made a bit of a breakthrough in an art project I’m working on. It came about kind of backwards.
When I mixed the colors for this picture…
I came out with this…
Unplanned, unexpected, but very aesthetically pleasing to my eye! Alex actually pointed it out to me and noted shapes he saw in the mess of color. I’ve shown it around and this reaction is so much fun! It’s like the inkblots that psychologists use. I’ve always liked when the finished piece is only the first step and gets a life of its own once I’m done with it.
Here is another example. I’m still working on capturing the idea.